Sunday, December 14, 2014

Oct 20 Delhi

Last day in Delhi

I returned to Delhi for a final visit before flying home, where my guide Rana took me to some of the popular attractions:

This is one of the largest museums in India and holds many pre-historic and modern works of art. The statues of gods and goddesses were most interesting.






Lotus Temple

This temple built in 1986 is considered the mother temple of India, and noted for its flower like structure. It's perfectly symmetrical and beautiful.


Me holding the Lotus temple

I then went to the Nehru Museum and Library, where Prime Minister Nehru lived for 16 years before his death in 1964. Many world leaders visited here including President's Truman and Kennedy. It's a beautiful place filled with many interesting artifacts.

Nehru residence
Nehru's study

Prime Minister's residence

I drove by the official residence of prime minister Narenda Modi. Michelle and Barack Obama dined here during their visit to India in 2010. It's impressive, and had a lot of security.


Modi's official residence

Narenda Modi
Modi is very popular in India and many Indian citizens are hopeful of a better India under his leadership. One of his campaign pledges was Clean India. It's much needed as many streets in India are filled with garbage. 



US Embassy

My last stop in Delhi was a drive by the US Embassy, where I was hoping to visit but unable to do so due to tight security. It's on the same road as many other embassies. 


Lufthansa 

I left my hotel at 10 pm for my 2 am Lufthansa flight home, through Frankfurt, where I had traveled many times. I had chat with a guy at the gate counter, who said, "you're lucky, the pilots just ended a strike, and your flights on schedule."

Lufthansa agent
Homeward bound via Lufthansa

No comments:

Post a Comment